In the Embroidery industrial, there are many machines that output hundreds of thousands of dollars of production each and every month. Those Embroidery machines are still very good for doing production, however, the operating system is being loaded from floppy disk drives that are still loaded from either 3.5 inch floppy disks. Many of the manufacturers are no longer in business to support the equipment, however and the machinery that is built to run from floppies that is still in production today. If the embroidery design files are able to be stored on say a flash drive or USB drive, through a floppy disk drive emulator, the equipment could be keep running for the long haul. Manufacturers can not afford to spend a half a million dollars on a brand new machine. The best thing would be to put a usb floppy drive emulator on old embroidery machine to do away with the old floppy drives .
Make USB floppy Emulator drive breathes new life into your Embroidery machines
When using the USB flash on your computer, it will look like another drive that you simply copy embroidery files to or save them directly from your software. It's quick and simple and, best yet. The USB Stick at the USB Floppy Emulator replaces the old diskette entirely. USB memory components have long life spans and high capacities. You'll able to store up to 100 floppies content on one single USB memory stick. USB flash drives can be used over and over. And, while the capacity of flash disks continues to grow. You can keep a collection of flash drives for very little cost and you can get them almost anywhere.
Most USB floppy Emulator drives works with most Tajima, Happy, Barudan, SWF, Melco, Toyota, Brother, and other textile and embroidery machines that use a floppy drive. Some machines have a bezel over the floppy drive with a wide narrow slot for a disk to slide through that may not have space for a USB flash drive. There over in such a case, it is necessary to modify the bezel or remove it.
How to format your USB stick for USB floppy Emulator drives
- If you have Windows XP, make sure your USB stick is 2GB or less. No limitation on Windows 7 or using our special format program.
- In the My Computer (for OS Windows XP) / Computer (for OS Windows Vista/7) window in the Device with Removable Storage section, right-click the USB drive which is required to be formatted
- Insert your USB flash drive into an open USB slot on your computer. Wait a few seconds to initialize the USB stick.
- When the USB stick is ready, a new disk drive will appear on your list of disk drives. It may be called USB, or Removable Drive, or the brand name. It may be show as drive E:, or drive F, or some other drive letter. Just right-click on the new USB stick entry and select FORMAT.
- There'll be give a few format options. In the FILE SYSTEM option change it to say "FAT" or "FAT16". Do NOT choose "FAT32". If you do not have these options, then try to use our other format program, or Windows 7.
- You may click the Quick Format option ON.
- Click START, and the format will finish shortly. (this process deletes all data on USB stick)
- Load your USB stick with your embroidery data files.
The cost of these USB emulators for embroidery machine are vary considerably. There are pros and cons to each price of the floppy disk drive emulators. Some have more options than others. Certainly some of them are significantly more expensive than others, but that is not the only criteria. One thing, he operation of your embroidery machine is no different than before. You use the same menus and commands to load your embroidery designs on machine with USB Emulator.